Monday, October 17, 2011

Two Year Appointment

Friday was my two year surgiversary appointment with my surgeon.  I gained two pounds since my last visit.  We sat and talked about what was going on.

I told him life had been stressful the past few weeks what with the accident, insurance run arounds, etc. 

I also told him I started exercising regularly again and tracking my food.  I found this cute little food tracker on line to print off and keep in a binder.  It has a place to track your hunger level and your mood at the time.  I found that I eat (or graze) when I am stressed or feeling lonely.  Yes, even a married ole' fogey can feel lonely even when the spouse is in the house!  So I need to start addressing those two things. 

What can I do when I feel "STRESS"?  I can...
  1. Go for a walk.
  2. Exercise.
  3. Stamp.
  4. Clean.
What can I do when I feel "LONELY"? 
  1. Grab my hubby and cuddle up!
  2. Call a friend.
  3. Grab my Bible.
  4. Pray!!!
I know I need to address these things to be able to move forward. 

The "tool" is still in place.  You just have to use it.  It is not a "fix all" as some may think.  It's not the "easy way out" as some may think. 

It takes work.
It takes persistence.
It takes will power.
It takes desire.
It takes faith.